Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Tobacco Barn Beam ~ be still my heart

I have been wanting to redo the mantel on our fireplace. After spending the morning having coffee with the ladies and admiring my friends fireplace I was determined to get the project started.  This lead to wanting stone also...sorry honey! After a little searching I found a beam from an old tobacco barn that is around 120 years old.  A local couple is taking the barn apart by hand and I was very excited to learn about what all they do.  I searched pinterest to help figure out what type of stone I wanted.  I went with fieldstone, I love seeing the mortar between the stone.  I showed my husband and he took it from there. 


                                                                     Before Photo

 
After Photo
 
 
 
I love how it turned out and it seems my dogs do also. 
 

2 comments: